Enriching rural and remote Queensland communities
Community Grant Program
The 2020 community grant program has been established to encourage community-led initiatives to improve liveability, health and education in communities throughout rural and remote Queensland.
The objectives of the 2020 community grant program are:
To make meaningful and positive contributions to support the development of vibrant, liveable and sustainable rural and remote communities.
To foster productive partnerships between QCoal Foundation and local communities and organisations that facilitate long-term, sustainable solutions to community identified needs.
To provide a simple and transparent process for the application and receipt of project funding that benefits rural and remote communities.
QCoal Foundation prioritises 2020 community grant applications that are focused on one or more of the following priority areas:
- Liveability – improving the general liveability of rural and remote communities in a way that is valued by that community.
- Health – improving access to health services in rural and remote communities.
- Education – supporting access to education in rural and remote communities to create pathways to employment.
All applications must demonstrate how their project is aligned with one or more of these priority areas.
Community Spirit Grants
- For grants of up to $2,000
- Awarded 3 times per year (January, May, September). Applications close on 15 January, 30 April and 31 August.
- Short term or one-off projects that reflect the spirit and aspirations of the community.
Community Growth Grant
- For grants of up to $15,000
- Awarded annually (January). Applications close on 15 January.
- Larger-scale, medium to long term projects of an ongoing nature or larger scale community infrastructure.
The QCoal Foundation is only able to provide grants to not-for-profit organisations with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status. In some cases we may refer applications from other community groups to our donor partners who may be able to assist. We are unable to provide grants to individuals.
Download applicant guidelines to assist with your application
Don’t want to apply online – you can download application forms here or contact us and we will send a form to you by post.
These guidelines provide all the information you will need regarding the 2020 community grant program and how to make an application.
Use this form to apply for a Community Spirit Grant or a Community Growth Grant.
Use this form to update us on the outcomes of your project.
The 2020 Community Grant Program has been established to encourage community-led initiatives to improve liveability, health and education in communities throughout rural and remote Queensland.